Using Would Have, Could Have, Should Have - English Grammar Lesson
In this lesson, you can learn how to use would have, should have and could have. Did you learn anything new in this lesson? Let us know in the comments!
These verbs—would, should, could, etc.—are modal verbs, so they don’t have past forms like normal verbs do. Instead, you can talk about the past by adding have plus a past participle after the verb.
In this class, you’ll learn how to use these modal verbs to talk about the past in English, what they mean, and how they’re different.
See the full version of this lesson with text: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/would-have-could-have-should-have.
1. Would Have 1:34
2. Could Have 3:58
3. Should Have 7:42
4. Would Have, Could Have, Should Have 10:23
This lesson will help you:
- Learn what the imaginary past is with 'would have'.
- Learn what the imaginary past is with 'could have'.
- Use 'could have' to talk about possibility for the past.
- See how to use 'could have' to criticize something someone didn't do.
- Explain th